Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Blog Post

Just testing.  I am building an Linux based HTPC and plan to use this blog as a repository for the knowledge I gain during the process.  My goal is to re-familiarize myself with Linux through this process.  Initially, I want a functional HTPC and then plan to progress to building a distro from scratch specially built for my HTPC.  I realize that this will be a long process but hope to learn much during the process.

I am pretty close to having a fully functional HTPC using XBMC on Ubuntu 10.0.  A few more things need to be tweaked.  I just ordered a PC remote (Antec Multi Media Station Elite) and plan to put a larger capacity drive in with somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 to 2 tb of room.  Once I get the new drive, I will run through the setup process and recount it here.  There were a few pitfalls that needed addressing and I want a central location.

Hopefully this blog will help others who run into the same or similar issues as well as provide others with greater knowledge than me (which at this point is pretty much everyone) an avenue to help me with issues that I may run into.

Tomorrow, I'll try to post the hardware that I'm running as well as my more specific goals and requirements.

Here's to what should continue to be a fun and somewhat frustrating experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment