Sunday, January 30, 2011

Figured the Remote Button Mapping Out Again

That's good news for me. Should finish the mapping up tomorrow.

So everything is near to the way I want it. So, of course, it's time to do something that may break it horribly again. :) I have an Intel chipset but XBMC compiles to use vdpau by default. So this week, it's time to get the Intel drivers on the XBMC-Live system and get VAAPI working.

It also won't be long until I'm able to order the new drive (2tb thank you). That means a fresh new install of both the development (Ubuntu desktop) and production (XBMC-Live) systems. This is good because the Ubuntu desktop is running a bit flaky these days and refuses to acknowledge that the dvdrom is even there along with the compiled from source XBMC segfaulting on a regular basis.

Once I get the XBMC-Live exactly where I want it, I think I'll follow the guide for building a minimum install system, try everything on a less bloated distro such as ArchLinux and the final goal is to build it from scratch (LFS for the win). Should give me something to do on a regular basis for quite a while.

There's also an old standalone imon VFD driver for lcdproc from 2005. I'd love to get it to compile and see if I can get it running. One less daemon to have to worry about if that would work and lirc can be dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment